Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

2 More Days!!!!!!

We only have 2 more days until we graduate. The time now is spent clean and getting all of the administrative stuff taken care of. I can’t wait to get to a civilized place. Lawton, OK is a bit backwoods for me. There are 2 Wal-Marts but no Target. Not even an Olive Garden, not like it is fine dining, but it is better than I-Hop! I have to travel at least an hour to get to a decent shopping place.

I got a little excited this weekend about the wedding. I purchased the shoes that I will be wearing for the reception (I am going barefoot for the ceremony). I went to David’s Bridal for the shoes. I was a little sad that I didn’t have the experience of shopping for my dress like the brides that were at the store, but I am not a nutty bride either. They all seemed so obsessed with the wedding planning. It is like the world has stopped and they are completely focused on their wedding. The store also helped to perpetuate this feeling (it is their job). When I was there I was looking at the veils, a saleswoman came up to me. (With only one week out I am still undecided about wearing one. They are ridiculously expensive and I am getting married on a beach and I don’t know if I need one.) She asks the preliminary questions (sort of similar to what I used to ask when I worked in car sales). Then she asks about my dress and immediately says that I should get a veil (like you would expect them to say any different). I have a hard time paying close to $100 for something that I could make on my own if I had a day to spare. I left without the veil. I got the shoes (they dyed them for me right then and there) and left for my hour and a half trip back to Lawton, OK.

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

I hope by now you are more than "a little excited!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 21, 2007 11:44 PM  

I'm so sorry for bradzilla experience... that's the part about wedding which drove me batty. Especially wedding attire shops... I bet that I could tell you a story or two ;) Veil is definetely overrated!

By Blogger Kasia, at November 23, 2007 10:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home