Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Off for the Weekend!


We have been released!  CR is coming to Dallas this weekend to visit me.  It will be the last time that I get to see him before the weeding.  It will be a great relief to get out of here for a while.

Today we stared off with a 5 mile Ruck March that began at 4:30 in morning.  I am not all that good at ruck marches.  I hate them.  I find that they are a low point for me.  I will never be a PT stud, but I always feel horrible about myself after one.  A bright point of the match was when we went along the range for the field artillery trainees.  They were doing night fire!  That is some cool stuff to watch!

On a more fun note, today was intro to US Weapons.  I love playing with the 50 Cal.  It is one of those weapons that once you fire it, everything else will feel like shooting a child’s gun.  I find it strange that I love the large weapons.  I also find it strange that I really like to make things explode.  I don’t mean this in a strange psychotic way, I just love seeing what the weapons can do.  Too bad I didn’t get branched ordinance, I could have go EOD!

Blogged with Flock

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home