Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Finished!!!

I am happy to state here that I have completed all of the requirements for BOLC2.  Today I woke up at 0015 for a ten-mile ruck march!  This was the last requirement for graduation.  We spent the entire first part of the week in the FOB (Forward Operations Base) putting into practice the stuff that we have been learning throughout the course.  I am happy to be done.  Now we just have out-processing and weapons cleaning left.  I should be on the road on Wed.  I can’t believe it is only 8 days until my wedding.  I am now allowing myself to get excited about it.

There is much traveling to be done between now and then.  I have to drive to Augusta, GA and catch a flight to Tampa.  That is no small feat.  It is over 1500 miles from Ft. Sill to Augusta.  Ugh.

I had a wonderful weekend in NJ meeting CR’s family.  CR’s brother and sister in-law have 4 children.  They are wonderful children.  They will look so cute in the wedding.  I got to see more of New Jersey than just the airport (which is the only part that I have seen before).  It is really beautiful.  The landscape is rugged and varied.  I think that it is a place that I wouldn’t mind settling down.

Blogged with Flock

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home