Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Friday, February 10, 2006

My First Time

No this is not going to be some tawdry story about what ever first time sick minds may be thinking of, this is about my first time skiing!   Wednesday I went downhill skiing for the first time.  It was wonderful.  I took a lesson at Boston Mills.  They offer an intro package which includes lessons, lift ticket and ski rental for $45.00.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I only fell 3 times.  I started at 10:00 and went until around 14:00.  I didn't get it at first.   I was afraid of the speed and falling.  But then after a little bit, I let go of the fear and ran with it.  I suppressed my natural urge to stand straight when I got in to trouble and did not panic when something was not familiar.  I am proud of myself!  I did something that I was unsure about doing and I think that I can do it well if I try.  It was exhilarating!!

2 comment(s):

You Go Girl!!!!!!
Hopefully the snow will last until next weekend! I'm beginning to plan.....I'll call you when and if I hear anything.

By Blogger melcarrel, at February 11, 2006 11:49 AM  

One down 9 things left to go... well according to your list that is!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 05, 2006 7:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home