Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cold in Europe

I have the habit of listening to NPR in the mornings on my way to work (since my Ipod is still in for service and it does not look like it will be returning anytime soon).   I noticed a week ago that they were discussing how cold it was in Russia.  This came in handy when Layne needed to find a meteorological story for her meteorology class that she is taking at the local community college.   Since she needed something in I suggested looking at the New York Times or the Washington Post.   In the Post we found a story about the cold spreading across Europe.  In this article it told of the amazing things that are happening due to the cold.   It has been so cold in Germany that, according to the Washington Post , "At the zoo in Dresden, Germany, 21 Humboldt penguins were moved from their minus 6 outdoor environment into a building where the temperature was a more comfortable 32 degrees to ensure their feet didn't freeze. "  Not that is COLD!!  I can only imagine who cold it was in Krakow, in addition, count my blessings that I do not live there right now!!

1 comment(s):

See, we have something to be thankful for, that our winter is not so harsh this year. Unfortunately, someone has to have a harsh winter. This is their year.

By Blogger melcarrel, at February 01, 2006 12:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home