Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Night Alone

I never realized just how much MDB's presence comforts me at night.
MDB went to the 35th birthday party of an old high school friend who
now lives in Lancaster, OH, so I was left alone. I didn't mind. I
hope that he had a lot of fun, but it was eerie being in the house all
alone. The door bell rang at around 9:30 pm, but I didn't answer it.
Now I am not sure if it was my door or someone else in the
neighborhood since we have a radio controlled one and it seems that
someone else nearby may also be on the same frequency. Nevertheless I
was a bit spooked and since I was just in my bathrobe, I WAS NOT GOING
NEAR THAT DOOR!! Other then the door bell incident the evening was
uneventful. I purchased a long wool coat in preparation for a winter
on the car lot and tried with all my might to find a nice red sweater
to match a skirt that I purchased. Other then that it was quite.
Tonight we will be going to Kent to wish a VH a Happy B-Day!! Maybe I
can sell a car today as well.

4 comment(s):

great birthay :)
i'm still drunk so i won't try to type more :)
thanks mkey, and MB, what a great b-day :)
VGH

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 23, 2005 2:59 PM  

I get that way too when mdc goes away. When we had a dog, it was nice because he heard every little noise that was new to the house but ignored the usual house creaks. Now that we're dog-less, I am very OCD about locking the doors and checking the whole house for intruders before going to bed. One time, when mdc was in New Orleans on business, the computer crashed in the middle of the night. Why? Who knows, but it scared the whits out of me. The volume was WAY UP and it had random mass of letters in the web address bar. I have no idea how this happened, and to this day it gives me the eebie-jeebies. So, you're not alone. :)

By Blogger melcarrel, at October 24, 2005 10:33 AM  

by the way, did you sell a car that day?

By Blogger melcarrel, at October 24, 2005 10:34 AM  

Did not sell a car, but might have 2 orders out of the day.

By Blogger Marquise, at October 24, 2005 11:22 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home