Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Monday, October 17, 2005

A Fall Color Tour

After getting up this morning to the sound of the Brennan men working in the garage to make way for 1/3 of a cord of wood, I took a shower and joined in the fun. The night before MDB and I went on a 20-mile bike ride on the Ohio & Erie Canal Tow Path that is located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area. This was a night ride and it was wonderful. We started out in Peninsula, OH and made our way north. The night was brisk and the company was wonderful. We were not alone, Century Cycles located in Peninsula sponsored this night ride and that is were all of us met. After the ride we went to the Winking Lizard and had what had to be some of the worst service that I have ever gotten at the Winking Lizard. I know that I am sometimes oversensitive to service, but I worked at the Lizard in Cleveland Heights for a few months and I know what their standards are.

After we did some work around the house on Sunday, we went for a color tour through northeastern Ohio. We started by going to 422 and heading east. We ended up in Amish country where we took this photo at Wal-Mart.


Then we made our way east to Bloomfield where we took this photo…

My question is this… is the township keeping track of the relatives of Mr. Brown’s decedents? They may try and claim the property in 1000 years!

On to Gustavus Township where we found this note from a disgruntled resident:


Not only is the person a freak, but he is also a low life and scum… please make up your mind. Off to the big city of Warren where they have a monument to Neil Armstrong.

It is called the First Flight Lunar Module. They have this little monument in the parking lot of a Big K next to the McDonalds. I couldn’t believe it until MDB and I stopped and took a closer look.

On our way out of Warren we saw a shop that needed to have its picture taken:

It really doesn’t take that much to entertain me, but this was funny. From here we went home since it was getting dark and the browns lost miserably to the Ravens. The only benefit…Pittsburgh lost!

Buffett Song of the Day: “Growing Older But Not Up

3 comment(s):

It was a fun ride out and around. That sign about whoever "stoled Husky" -- I am still laughing. Who is Husky? How did he know Husky was "stoled" and didn't just run away?

By Blogger Stacy Cane, at October 17, 2005 10:52 PM  

I runned off cuz you beated me.

-Huskey

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2005 8:51 AM  

Tom and I have actually been to that shop. We were amused and decided to check it out. It was weird.

By Blogger Christie, at October 20, 2005 9:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home