Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The First Day of Fall

I know that the Autumnal Equinox occurred just a few days ago, but today felt like the first day of fall. When CR and I woke up and went to go for our walk, we opened the door to find it was rainy and cold. That is the first time that it has felt like fall. It makes me want to go to a foot ball game. I want to be sitting in the stands bundled up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate watching a game. I am now waiting to see the leaves change. I hear the color here in Korea is pretty good, but not in the area that I am stationed. I guess that I will have to travel for that.

There is just something exciting about that first sense of cold. It reminds me of the first weeks of school when any things seems possible for that school year. Out of all of the seasons, I love fall the best. I guess it is just the Midwesterner in me, but the thought of falling leaves and riding down roads with harvested cornfields on both sides with deer grazing is comforting. Except when you have to avoid the deer that jumps in the road, but those are the breaks.

Well my time for waxing nostalgic must come to an end, I must get back to work!

Labels: , ,

1 comment(s):

I have been thinking about fall so much during the past few months! It is my favorite season too:-)

My Dad and I used to go to CMU's football games and have hot chocolate while he would explain the plays.

I loved wearing sweatshirts and going for walks around the neighborhoods where the stoops were decorated with mums and pumpkins.

*sigh* Our weather here is beautiful, and I can't complain about sunshine at 6am every morning, but I sure do miss fall (and Michigan!)

Love you, hope you are well,
Love, Sarah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 08, 2008 7:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home