Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Thursday, March 06, 2008

How much of a prude has America become?

Today I was at the grocery store waiting in line at the check out. I noticed that the covers of Glamour, Cosmo and a few other magazines had that hard plastic blocker that you see placed in front of magazines like Hustler and Penthouse. I mean really! The covers did not even show very much skin. I do not like the exploitation of women, but these magazine covers were not offensive. They did not show body parts. They were just regular covers. There was no need, but I wonder what prudish freaks complained and made Publix resort to this. What is the next step, a burka?

Labels: , ,

3 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger Missy, at March 07, 2008 7:41 AM  

better yet, check this out:
Sex Toys Ban in Texas

By Blogger Missy, at March 07, 2008 7:42 AM  

I've seen some of those - it's a shame if that's the only reason it's covered. From working retail, I know some magazines are wrapped like that because of extra stuff (supplement, etc) that's included with the purchase and it's easier to keep together.

By Blogger ph4red, at March 07, 2008 1:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home