Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Gasparilla Distance Classic

We drove through the night and made it to Tampa at around 03:00. We had 4 drivers so it was not dangerous at all. Greg and Lisa came along as well. We are here to run the ½ Marathon. The race is called the Gasparilla Distance Classic. It will by my first ½ Marathon and Lias’s second. Corey has ran 2 marathons, so it doesn’t really count for him. I am a little excited and nervous. I have been training for this, but I am not sure that it has been enough. Things have been crazy with school and all. I am going for completion here. I will work for time on another race. I am excited yet fearful! The best part of it all is that it is in Tampa! I love this city. I really miss it down here.

2 comment(s):

Tampa misses you too !!!!! *hugs* I'll be there at the finish line for you!! Go M!

By Blogger CWH, at February 10, 2008 4:00 AM  

So? How did it go??

By Blogger Missy, at February 12, 2008 4:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home