Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Uncle has Arrived

I swear that I should not be allowed on the roads. Every time I get on the highway I end up in a traffic jam that turns major highways in to parking lots. It happened on the way back from Sarah’s house last weekend and it happened this time on the way to Lansing to pick up my Uncle. The last 2 traffic jams were not due to construction, they were due to accidents. We ended up taking my BMW since GP’s mini-van started to give a check engine light the night before last night. We didn’t want to chance driving all the way to Lansing.

With the arrival of my Uncle the entire dynamic changes around the house. My uncle is treated with great reverence and all is done to please him. I can now see how some of my mothers feelings may have been justified (some will say that this is a break through for me). The house must be in perfect condition and the entire world stops because he is here.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home