Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blast From The Past

My grandmother always told me that you were lucky if you had 2 true friends in you life. True friends are the type that even though you have not spoken with them for sometime, when you do talk it is just like you spoke just yesterday. I have been blessed with 2 friends like that, Salena and Sarah. This weekend I spent some quality time with Sarah. Sarah and I became acquainted at Student Congress when I was a junior and she was a sophomore where she was a lobbyist and I was a member of the House of Representatives. We had dates to each others Senior Proms. Sarah kept me sane and I think that I gave her an opportunity to see the world a little bit differently.

Years pass and situations change, but a little talk on the phone and it is like no time has passed. I believe that the last time that we saw each other was just before I left for Poland. So we went out to lunch, shopping, a movie and then to see some of her friends. We talked about current events, each other’s families and our plans for the future. She is getting ready to go on a mission to Cameron and is working as a Physicians Assistant in an emergency room in South Haven. As usual we discussed religion and different theologies. I have chosen a different path. We discussed some of my most recent decisions and she disagrees with my choices with respect to religion, but that is a large part of her life and I respect her decisions. I hope that her mission to Cameron will be successful and that she will be safe during the entire time that she is there. It is a long trip and a long time to be away.

1 comment(s):

Hi Marquise!

Thanks for including me in your blog! Warm fuzzies all over the place! However, you forgot to mention, that while you and I occasionally disagree on certain things, I still love you and respect you very much!
Glad to have a friend with some "history" and grateful to know you,
Love, Sarah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 06, 2007 5:49 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home