Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I was looking through some of the photos I have and I realized that I didn't put of the photos that I took when I was home. I love my small little home town. It is a wonderful place to have come from. The Population of the town is around 7,500 people. It is located in south central Michigan. The winters are mild there and the summers are wonderful. It is historic and picturesque. I am sad that I will not see the town for a while, but I am going to a much warmer place. The places that are pictured here are of the National House Inn, Brooks Memorial Fountain, and The Honolulu House. Marshall is a historic land district and has over 25 different historical markers within the city limits of the town.


Life growing up there was all of the best and worst of small town living. You had a community, however the lack of stuff to do lead many people to do drugs, have sex and conduct other activities that if our parents had known they would have killed us for. I managed to avoid those activities.

Some of you may wonder why I write about this place now, now since I on the verge of a new life. Well as it turns out my new life starts with an old connection to this place. One of my two best friends from high school has been a true help to me in my present situation. She has offered me a direction for my new life away from this mistake of the last 2 years. It is amazing how friends can be. How without even asking they are there for you. I am truly blessed. I have been lucky to have friends like Lauren, Vicki, Salena and Sarah. Posted by Picasa

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home