Thoughts From a Wandering Soul, Now in the Charm City

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Seeing Old Friends

I have a friend that the timing is off with.  There was a time when our paths crossed at the right time, and we had a wonderful time.   We stormed Europe for one lovely summer and painted it red.  That summer was one of the best of my life.  We were young and free from restraint.  We are in exact opposite situations now.  2 months ago, the situation was opposite and had things been different who would have know what would have happened, but commitments are commitments and I live by the belief that trying to reduce the amount of regrets you have in your life is the best way.   So now I am the odd person out.  I am happy that things are working out well for my friend.  It is like a game of ping-pong with the ball always on the other side of the table.   It will be good to see my old friend, to say good bye.  Who knows when I will get up this way again.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home